Commercial and Industrial Real Estate has been a favourite among investors, since the Singapore government introduced several rounds of cooling measures on Residential Properties beginning from 2009.
Prices of industrial properties have doubled over the last three years from 2010 Q1 to 2013 Q1*. Consequently, the first cooling measure on the Commercial and Industrial sector was announced on 11 Jan 2013.
*according to data released by URA
Why is Commercial & Industrial Real Estate attractive?
- No Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty (ABSD)
- Seller's Stamp Duty (SSD) for first 3 years on Industrial Properties, no SSD on Commercial Properties
- No restriction on foreign ownership, subject to land zoning by URA
- Businesses require spaces with essential characteristics that are suitable for their business operations
Is Commercial & Industrial Real Estate suitable for you?
- CPF cannot be used
- GST is applicable
- Loan tenure and Loan-to-value (LTV) ratio differ depending on commercial property type and usage
- Interest rate for commercial property loan is higher
- Property tax at 10% of annual value regardless of own-use or for lease
Commercial / Industrial New Launch
- Centrium Square, Former Serangoon Plaza (En Bloc) @ Farrer Park / Little India
- Tampines North Drive 1 / 2 (beside IKEA, Giant, Courts)
Call us at (65) 8100 8444